Anyone who has been hit by a hurricane, hailstorm, fire, mold, or even heavy rainfall knows how destructive it can be. When someone has been hit by any kind of fierce weather, or a fire, survival is the primary focus. But once the storm or fire has passed, the only focus is on how to repair the damage. Water or fire can have a devastating effect on your home, especially if it gets into the interior. Not only can the damage spread beyond the surface of your home, but it can also put its integrity and safety at risk.
Some of the restoration projects that we can perform include but may not be limited to:
- Hail Damage — Hail is one of the top causes for weather-related roof damage, and the same is true for the rest of your home. Even a small-scale storm can do serious damage to your roof, gutters, siding windows, and even your car. Hail the size of a quarter can destroy your roof shingles. And if they’re the size of golf balls (which is about 1.5 inches), it can split a tree. It’s always a good idea to take precautions that will minimize the damage once a hailstorm hits, but you should get it inspected by a professional so any problems can be taken care of before they get worse.
- Storm Damage —Hurricanes, tornadoes, or any other major storms can seriously damage your home. And while survival is the most important thing during a storm, it can be just as hard to deal with the aftermath. Even if you can’t see any damage, it doesn’t mean that there isn’t any. Hail damage can be hard to find, especially if you don’t know how to find it. And roofs are the most likely to be compromised, because they have to bear the brunt of the storm. It’s important to take care of any problems before they get worse, which is why you need the help of a professional.
- Water Damage — Even minor damage can cause water to seep into your home, which can be enough for mold to grow. Leaks don’t just affect the roof. It can also affect the interior, which is why they need to be taken care of as soon as possible. And sometimes, the signs of water damage can be hidden behind your walls or under your floor boards. You need to get these issues taken care of by a professional, so you don’t put you and your family at risk.
- Mold Restoration — Mold can grow in any area of your home that has been exposed to water, and it can spread within 48-72 hours. They can also produce allergens and other irritants that can affect your health. So if you feel like your home has a problem with mold, you need to have it inspected as soon as possible. Not only can a mold infestation cause health problems, but it can also affect the condition of your home in a number of ways. You should contact a professional if you feel like mold has spread throughout your home.
- Fire Restoration — A fire can affect your home, your business, and even your life. Not only can it cause physical damage, but it can also leave you with many questions. You want to go back to your old life, but you have no idea what to do next. A fire can cause massive amounts of damage to your home. Smoke can leave odors that can stick to the materials and even your personal items. Not to mention, the amount of soot that can get into your walls. If your home has been affected by a fire, you need to find a professional that specializes in this type of restoration.
How a Storm Can Affect Your Home
The water that comes from a major storm can destroy the structural integrity of your home. And to the untrained eye, the walls and roof may look fine. Yet there’s the possibility that the water has weakened your home’s foundation, which could lead to a collapse. Water can also affect your home’s electrical system, which can be another serious hazard. Salt water is corrosive, which can damage the wiring and other areas of your home. But even flood water by itself can cause enough damage. It may have contaminants that can promote the spread of infection diseases, so you need to take steps to protect the health and safety of you and your family. Don’t drink any water that looks contaminated, and don’t eat any food that has been exposed to it.
What You Can Do to Restore Your Home After a Storm
Before you do anything, you need to take a look at your home insurance policy. And you need to make sure you’re covered for the following:
- Water and Windstorm Damage
- Debris or Tree Removal
- Sewer Backup Due to Flooding
- Additional Living Expenses if Your Home is Uninhabitable
You’ll also need to take pictures of every part of your home that has been damaged, and you need to back them up with good records. This includes any conversations that you have had with your insurance company, as well as any contractors with which you have worked.
Once you have filed your claim, you can start to make some temporary repairs. They don’t have to involve any kind of major reconstruction, and they don’t have to last forever. If your roof has been damaged during the storm, cover it with a tarp or some other kind of plastic material so it won’t suffer damage from additional rain. And if your walls have been lost or damaged, do your best to close off any gaps until you can come up with a more permanent solution.
Experts in Home Restoration for Residents of Corpus Christi!
If you want to work with one of the top contractors for home restoration in the Coastal Bend, Phillips Roofing and Restoration has an experienced team that can help you get your home and your life back to the way it was before. We’ll do a thorough evaluation of every part of the property, and we’ll come up with a cost-effective solution with which you can be satisfied.
Here at Phillips Roofing and Restoration, we know you want to move on, which is why we offer a number of restoration services at a reasonable price. We want you to feel like we’re on your side, and we want you to know that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone in our staff is fully licensed, bonded, and insured. So, you can be sure to get what you need to get back to your home and your life.
Feel free to reach out to us so you can find out why we’re one of the best choices for home restoration in Corpus Christi and the Coastal Bend!
If you want more information about how we can restore the condition of your home, get in touch with us today!